AISWA Professional Learning and other educational events, news and information
AISWA Website IMPORTANT NOTICE Down for Maintenance 13th December 2019 to 20th January 2020
Dear AISWA members
Between Dec 16 and January 20 the AISWA website database is undergoing an essential major upgrade and post-upgrade testing. Please note the following 3 points.
1. During this period the secure area (via member log-in) will be disabled for ALL users. This is to stop data from being entered/edited during the transition period. During this 30 day period an "under maintenance" message will appear for ALL members who attempt to log in.
- 13 Dec - website "member login area" taken offline (a warning added to the landing page for any visitors/members accessing it)
- 20 Jan - website "member login area" back online for all users
- 20 Jan - from this date on please EMAIL web support staff at email@example.com regarding issues
- 2 Feb - multi-factor authentication will be activated
Please EMAIL web support staff to report user issues after 20 January, including:
- name of person
- name of school
- school email contact
- URL of page where incident occurred
- screenshot (only if possible)
- type of issue (choice of)
*payment processing error
*updating school or personal
*log in/credential issues
2. Multi-factor authentication/verification will be activated soon after the website comes back online. Like many other websites (e.g. Qantas) this is for an extra layer of security. Our website contains some very sensitive information and good policy demands due diligence.
To make this process easier, the installation of Microsoft Authenticator on your devices is recommended. (If you have school-managed devices this may be done by your Tech Support crew in the new year.) The alternate method is just to have a second email address available (and most people have several)
3. Principals and IE Funding Coordinators: Round 1 applications are now open for entries until COB 13th December then will reopen on the 20th of January 2020 (or close to, an email will be sent out to all coordinators when the round reopens)
The AISWA team hopes you have an excellent holiday break, completely and joyously unplugged from the AISWA website. There is no better time of year to undertake this upgrade and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
The Web Support Team
SAVE THE DATE!
AISWA Teaching and Learning Conference
Teachers leading teachers | Date: 8 – 9 October 2020 | Last Thurs and Fri of the term 3 holidays
This conference is for K-12 teachers and focuses on ideas that are directly applicable to classroom practice.
The conference will showcase best practice from our teachers across all learning areas as well as lead teachers to improve their knowledge, expertise and confidence to manage the challenges of heading into a new decade.
AISWA will call for proposals from teachers in first term 2020.
2020 NGS Super Virtual Debating communications
The NGS Super National Virtual Debating competition is an important event in the education calendar for a growing number of Independent schools across Australia. Since 2015, student teams across Australia have been taking part in the NGS Super National Virtual Debating Program, an event that removes the tyranny of distance and associated costs that can prohibit schools from benefiting in face to face debating to areas, the NGS Super National Virtual Debating Competition opens new opportunities for students to develop important critical thinking skills that can support potential careers in politics, law and diplomacy among others.
All schools around Australia are eligible to participate in the competition.
For more information, please click Link Expired
Positive Schools 2020
Positive Schools is Australia’s premier mental health and wellbeing conference series for ALL primary and secondary teachers, school leaders and allied health professionals.
For more information and to register, please click Here