Professional Learning Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions have recently been updated for AISWA's new website payment system as of 27 March, 2017.
By registering via the member area your PL hours will be recorded in line with Teachers Registration Board (TRB) requirements and reporting. AISWA does not pass on any of this data to the TRB on the participants' behalf. It is the participants' responsibility to download a copy of these hours for their own record and to provide to the TRB.
Cancellation fees will apply to all PL courses as per our terms and conditions for registering:
- Price includes GST.
- Payment: Please do not send any money. All participants can elect to pay online via credit card. Non-member registrations are not confirmed until payment is received. Alternatively, participants from member schools may elect for their school to be invoiced. Schools will be sent an invoice by AISWA after the permitted cancellation date has passed and payment will not be accepted on the day. As your school has approved your access to this site it remains the school's responsibility to advise AISWA if you leave the school or have not been approved to attend the PL. The school is responsible for any fees associated with the PL courses for which you have registered.
- PL hours: Your PL hours will be credited after the event. To receive these PL hours participants must sign-in on the provided participant list to confirm their attendance on the day.
- Cancellations will only be accepted via this website or in writing to the event organiser as displayed on the event listing in the Professional Learning calendar
- Compliance with the terms of the AISWA IT Resources Acceptable Use Policy is a requirement when enrolling for AISWA professional learning events.
- Cancellation notice:
- Cancellation without charge is accepted up to and including the 'cancellation permitted' date as listed on each event page on the AISWA website.
- Generally, for PL events run at AISWA (in-house), we require 3 business days’ notice for cancellation. Should you cancel after the 'cancellation permitted' date has passed for any reason (other than very exceptional circumstances approved by the AISWA Executive Director) or fail to attend the full course fee will be charged
- For events run at external venues please check your registration notification and the event details for cancellation details.
- For free events, a non-attendance fee may apply.
AISWA IT Resources Acceptable Use Policy - External Users
The AISWA IT Resources Acceptable Use Policy defines the standard of acceptable use of AISWA IT resources and applies to all visitors of AISWA and external users who may need to use AISWA computing equipment and/or resources.
Note: This policy will be reviewed and amended as required (see footer for policy review date).
AISWA Website Terms and Conditions
This Website may be used only for lawful purposes relating to the Association of Independent Schools of WA (AISWA). AISWA specifically prohibits any use of the Website, and all users agree not to use the website, for any purposes other than designated by AISWA, including but not limited to:
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity being conducted on this site.
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website's infrastructure.
- If you have a password allowing access to the non-public area of this Website, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorised purpose.
- Using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this website other than the commonly recognised search engine and search agents, and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Explorer).
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of this website.
- Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the website content or information available from this website.
- Framing of or linking to any of the website content or information available from this website.
- The storage of information, data, or files related to pornography, gambling, alcohol, weapons, or software or other intellectual property piracy.
- Participating in a denial-of-service attack against this site or against any other web site or computer environment by using this site.
- Collecting or attempting to collect any information of others, including passwords and account or other information, or providing to or transmitting through this site any material that is unlawful or violates the rights of others.
- Engaging in any screen scraping or data acquisition and consolidation.
- Infringing the intellectual property rights of others in any way.
- Making any unauthorised commercial use of this website.
- Using members' contact details for any purpose other than for the purpose of this website.
Site Security Rules
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorised to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to this website, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The company will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Use of Website
Your use of this site is at your sole risk. The site is provided on an "as-is" and "as available" basis. AISWA reserves the right to restrict or terminate your access to the site or any feature or part thereof at any time without notice.
You are solely responsible for the data and information that you input or upload to the website, including but not limited to your personal information. You represent and warrant that the information submitted by you through this website is your own information and is complete, accurate and truthful, and you agree to hold AISWA and its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, and representatives harmless from any claims arising out of your information submitted to this website that is inaccurate or untruthful.