My Health in My Hands
The Child and Youth Health Network, Department of Health, in partnership with the project’s youth advisory team, have launched My Health in My Hands, an animation that aims to support young people become more independent with their health care. The animation was created in response to information requested by young people involved in the Community Consultations undertaken during the development of the WA Youth Health Policy 2018-2023.
My Health in My Hands is aimed at young people residing in Western Australia aged 12 to 18 and summarises:
- how young people can expect to be treated by health professionals
- information on their health privacy and confidentiality
- how to access Medicare
- tips on choosing a GP
- how to give feedback in relation to the health service received.
This animation is available in both full and separate segments for targeted information on the Child and Youth Health Network website:
- Segment 1 - My rights and my privacy
- Segment 2 - Accessing Medicare
- Segment 3 - Finding a youth friendly GP and support via the nurse at your school
- Segment 4 - Improving health services through feedback.
This animation is hosted on the Healthy WA website and is free to be viewed and shared.