- General28Jun 2023Upcoming Changes to the Working with Children Legislation
- General27Jun 2023Experts to review post-school options for secondary students
- General12May 2023
- General24Feb 2023Independent Schools Australia (ISA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Graham Catt as Chief Executive Officer.
- General3Feb 2023Half a Billion Dollar Investment into Student Wellbeing
- General20Dec 2022Executive Director - End of Year Message
- NAPLAN and Data11Nov 2022National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN): national report 2022
- Funding26Oct 2022ISA summary of Federal Budget 2022-23.
- Curriculum, English, Health and Physical Education19Oct 2022Consultation on proposed changes to WA Curriculum (Health and Physical Education P-10 and English P-6)
- General19Oct 2022AISWA 60th Anniversary
- School Psychology Service5Oct 2022WA Mental Health Week 2022
- General28Sep 2022The new Australian Fire Danger Rating System (AFDRS) was launched nationally on 1 September 2022.
Schools are encouraged to share this information with their staff and communities to help answer questions surrounding the new system.
- General16Sep 2022This program partners schools and creative professionals in embedding creativity to students' learning and understanding across curriculum areas.
- Industrial2Sep 2022Teachers to receive wage increase under new agreement.
- Inclusive Education25Aug 2022
- Inclusive Education25Aug 2022
- General21Jul 2022As endorsed by National Cabinet in adopting a nationally consistent approach, wearing masks indoors is strongly encouraged. AISWA, the Department of Education, and Catholic Education WA have sent a letter to all Western Australian schools to distribute to their parents and carers.
- General11Jul 2022The Association of Independent Schools of WA (AISWA) has announced the appointment of Mr Chris Massey, currently Director of Student Life at The University of Western Australia, as its next Executive Director. Chris will replace Ms Valerie Gould who has held the position since 2008 having joined AISWA in 1997. Mr Massey will commence in his new role on 5 September.
- General7Jul 2022Profile of Children and Young People in WA 2022
- General7Jul 2022New Gen Z campaign to help tackle online abuse
- General21Jun 2022Boarding schools are a critical component of education in Australia and for many families having children board away from home is the only practical way to access quality learning, social opportunities, and preparation for employment. Boarding schools provide an important educational choice for students and families, with the Independent school sector being the largest provider of boarding in Australia, operating almost 75 per cent of all Australian boarding schools. Analysis commissioned by ISA (Independent Schools Australia) and undertaken by the AEC Group, shows the economic and social benefits of boarding schools to the Australian economy and community are also considerable.
- General17May 2022This year, Independent Schools Australia (ISA) has developed a version of the national ISA Snapshot that provides an overview of the Independent School sector and highlights key facts and figures relating specifically to WA Independent Schools.
- General10May 2022New Australian Curriculum website now live
- General27Jun 2023
- General12Apr 2022The Amendment Act will implement recommendations of the final report of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse to expand mandatory reporter groups, and the 2017 Statutory Review of the Children and Community Services Act 2004.
The changes will strengthen the Children and Community Services Act 2004 to better protect WA’s children from harm as a result of abuse and neglect. They are also intended to drive improved outcomes for children who are in the care of the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Communities, with a particular focus on strengthening connection to family, culture and Country for Aboriginal children in care.