Mapping the Future of Education in Australia
At a special forum in Melbourne today, improvements to the 2008 Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians were considered that cover:
- The importance of early learning
- The changing nature of education, the economy and work
- Increasing the need for lifelong learning
- Renewed emphasis on vocational education and training
- Renewed focus on equity
- The importance of smooth and carefully planned transitions
The Melbourne Declaration had two goals.
Goal 1: Australian schooling promotes equity and excellence
Goal 2: All young Australians become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens.
A wide-ranging consultation phase with students, teachers, Principals and parents was announced by The Hon Dan Tehan MP Minister for Education and Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash Minister for Small and Family Business, Skills and Vocational Education.
The full Media release is available below.