headspace Schools - Support over the School Holidays
2020 has been a challenging year in many ways, and we are mindful that whilst the holidays can be a great opportunity to take a break and recharge, it can also be a time where staff and students are away from their usual routines and the support networks that schools do such a wonderful job of providing for young people. The holidays can be a time of increased vulnerability and heightened emotion, particularly around significant events which for some can hold certain social expectations such as Christmas and/or New Year. It is therefore important to emphasise the need for students, staff and families to stay connected, look out for one another and access available support when needed.
Please see attached and links below some resources to support this messaging, and feel free to utilise these resources as you feel appropriate.
Students (Secondary Only):
- How to stay healthy over the holidays
- Tips for a Healthy Headspace
- How to help a friend going through a tough time
- Three practical steps for school leaders and teams to help process 2020 | Education Review; written by Kirsten Douglas, National Manager and head of headspace Schools
- Wellbeing tools for you - A collection of useful resources and apps for educator wellbeing which can be found on the Be You website
- Staff Wellbeing Factsheets (attached)