Fairbridge College is a small independent school that specialises in working with students in years 7-12 (ages 12-18) who are either disengaged or at risk of disengaging from school. College provides appropriate educational pathways through intensive holistic support and a flexible learning environment.
We are currently looking for an Education Assistant or Youth Worker to join our team at our Pinjarra Campus. The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide adequate level of support that will allow students to begin to re-engage with learning generally and in a nurturing manner.
- Assist with maintaining order in the classroom/work environment by working with students with behavioural problems or working with counsellors already engaged with students.
- Practice trauma informed strategies and techniques for working with youth-at-risk (i.e. Berry Street Education Model)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualification in youth work or student support.
- Relevant experience or a strong desire to be working with young people who are either disengaged or youth at risk of disengaging from school.
- Capacity to be very flexible in the management and/or delivery of support to students.
Fairbrdge College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and Working with Children’s Checks in accordance with this policy.Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is found. The position will commence as soon as possible.Your application must include:
- a covering letter highlighting the selection criteria
- an up to date Curriculum Vitae
- the names and contact details of three referees