Santa Maria College is a leading Catholic girls 'school, founded by the Sisters of Mercy with 1,280 students in Years 5 - 12 including 150 boarders.
The successful applicant will be part of a dynamic and committed Health Services team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following essential skills:
- Model and maintain the Catholic and Mercy ethos and traditions of the College
- Registered Nurse (RN) licence
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Knowledge of a range of health areas
- Knowledge of school laws and policies
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Communicate sensitively with staff, students, parents and public
- Compassion and understanding in working with children and young people
- Ability to deal appropriately with problems and maintain confidentiality
- Requisite computer skills
- Some flexibility with working hours
- Ability to remain calm and objective in stressful situations
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in a comparable role
- Experience in metal health support
- Experience working as a member of a team
- A current and validated National Criminal History Record Check (as issued by the Western Australian Department of Education)
- Working With Children Check
- Completion of Child Protection Training on appointment
The College provides an excellent working environment, promotes staff development and encourages innovation.
We offer an excellent learning environment where all students are encouraged to strive for excellence.
Our Mercy values provide the foundation of all we do and we have a strong Pastoral Care focus for staff and students.
Santa Maria is committed to providing a safe supportive learning environment so that students can thrive.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Both men and women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Your application should include:
- Completion of the SEEK on-line Application.
- A full Resume.
- A letter of no more than addressing selection criteria.