TEACHER – LANGUAGES 0.8FTE
2023 ONWARDS - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
HillSide Christian College is seeking applications for a 0.8FTE LANGUAGES teacher. The school is flexible about which language it will choose based on the best candidate who applies. Our school has previously run Indonesian and Japanese languages. However, the College is looking for a passionate Christian Languages' teacher to drive, grow and inspire an International Language across the campus. The College would consider any other major international language group, such as Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Indonesian, Japanese, French, etc.
The successful applicant will be a practising evangelical Christian, who is able to demonstrate and work within the College’s Christian framework. The employment contract is ONGOING for the right applicant. Any appointment to the position will be dependent upon the successful applicant signing the College’s Code of Conduct, including Statement of Faith, and employment contract. The successful applicant will need proficiency in the language of instruction and have TRBWA registration. New graduate teachers are encouraged to apply. Expected start date is 23rd January, 2023.
The application must include:
- A cover letter outlining suitability and passion for the role (maximum two pages). Please clearly state which Language/s you are able to teach and your skills in this area.
- The applicant’s current CV listing qualifications, church membership, professional referees, contact details, and chronological career history;
- A written reference from a Pastor/Elder or the contact details of a Pastor/Elder who may be contacted for a verbal reference in regard to the applicant’s Christian faith, character and practice;
- All qualifications and compliance documents named in the dot points below. Supply photocopies of the original documents along with the application. Originals will require sighting:
- a current Working with Children Card;
- a current TRBWA registration;
All applications and enquiries should be made via the SEEK portal. The position availability will close when filled by a strong candidate. All applications must address the four points above fully to be considered.
Please note: The College reserves the right to fill the position at its discretion and timing, and to withdraw the position/advertisement if required. The position will only be filled by the College when a suitably qualified applicant issecured. Wages, contract details and other school policies will be available upon request. The College also reserves the right to enquire outside listed referees when considering candidates.
Helpful Information in Relation to the Application
HillSide Christian College is an evangelical, Christian school with an approximate enrolment of 420 students from Years 4K-12 in 2023. Please view the school website for general information: http://www.hillside.wa.edu.au
- The College is an Apple-based environment and SEQTA is the main database platform;
- The College website is a valuable source of background information, which includes history, vision, mission and operations. This can be accessed at: http://www.hillside.wa.edu.au
- The College is affiliated with Christian Schools Australia. http://www.csa.edu.au
- HillSide Christian College is a ministry of HillSide Church. The Church website can be viewed at: http://www.hillside.org.au
Please note: the College will not sponsor international candidates to fill this position. Applicants must have the right to legally work in Australia before making an application.