DOTT TeacherEast Metro – Ellenbrook and BelmontPermanent, part-time (0.48 FTE)Commences: Term 1, 2022About Alta-1 CollegeAlta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. The College was started in Western Australia in 2004 and has since expanded to Queensland in 2015. We function as a multi-campus school, with nearly all Alta-1 Campuses deliberately utilising the premises of an existing church community. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. The students we see are between 12 and 18 years of age and are provided a pathway to complete their secondary education.Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe, Alta-1 delivers education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the students encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.The opportunityDo you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers?This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced Teacher. The successful applicant will join a large, dynamic team of educators and support staff. You will provide leadership within this team through the best possible delivery of education and duty of care for each student in light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College.Key responsibilities
- Collaborative leadership and management of staff at the site
- Responsibility for the students enrolled at the campus
- Maintenance of Collegial and professional relationships with other members of staff
- Proactively support the Christian ethos of Alta-1 College.
About youEssential requirements to be considered for the role
- A Christian committed to demonstrating that their beliefs and values are real and impact their daily life
- Meet the requirements of a Working With Children Check and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- To be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of WA
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills, relevant for managing relationships with parents, students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and use a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet a vast range of individual students’ needs and educational objectives.
- Demonstrated high ability to manage administrative tasks.
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the job description below.Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional development
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
How to applyIf you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. To be considered, applications must include a cover letter, a separate document addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and a written reference from your pastor.You can locate the selection criteria in the job description located on our website: https://alta-1.com.au/employment/Please submit applications via email to email@example.com addressed to The East Metro Regional Principal, Darryl Baker, 0468 951 934.For further information regarding this role, please contact Darryl Baker, 0468 951 934.Application closing date is Monday 31st January 2022.Alta-1 encourages you to apply for this position as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.CHANGING LIVES ONE AT A TIMEwww.alta-1.com.au