Santa Maria College is an all girls' Catholic College, founded by the Sisters of Mercy with 1,280 students from Year 5 to Year 12 which includes 150 boarders.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, passionate Drama Teacher. The successful applicant will join a dynamic and committed Drama and Dance team. Experience teaching Year 11 and 12 Drama is a distinct advantage. The role could include some lower school dance dependent on the applicant.
The role is a full-time fixed term position commencing Term 1, 2023. An ongoing role may be offered subject to experience.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the ethos and values of Catholic and Mercy education
- A passion and ability to teach Year 11 and 12 Drama
- Capacity for innovative, creative teaching and learning
- Experience in creating and delivering performance work
- Ability to foster positive relationships with students, staff and parents
- Highly developed ICT skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate teacher qualifications
- Eligibility for teacher registration in Western Australia
- Working With Children Check
The College provides an excellent teaching environment, with outstanding facilities. Our Mercy values provide the foundation of all we do and we have a strong Pastoral Care program. We offer a positive learning environment where all staff and students are encouraged to strive for excellence to reach their potential.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Both men and women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications close Wednesday, 7 December November 2022 at 5.00 pm.
Further information about the College is available on our website www.santamaria.wa.edu.au under ‘Careers’.
Your application should include:
- Completion of the SEEK on-line Application.
- A full Resume.
- Please ensure referee mobile numbers are provided in your resume.
- A letter of a maximum of two pages addressing selection criteria.