About Frederick Irwin Anglican School
Come and work for an outstanding school in the Peel region. Established in 1991, Frederick Irwin Anglican School is the premier independent school in the Peel region. We are a private co-educational school that offers an exceptional educational program for students Kindergarten to Year 12 across our two campuses in Meadow Springs and Halls Head.
The School provides exciting learning opportunities such as inter-state and international study tours, high level sport and performing arts programs, instrumental music tuition, and a range of other co-curricular activities.
To learn more about Frederick Irwin Anglican School visit www.frederickirwin.wa.edu.au and follow us on
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for an Assistant Business Manager to manage our Finance team. The is an ongoing full-time position with immediate start or by negotiation.
The Assistant Business Manager should have:
- Accounting experience is essential
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics, or related field
- People Management experience
- School experience preferable
- A diverse range of systems knowledge and experience alongside, high competence with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work independently using your own initiative, as well as in a cooperative team environment
- A focus on the importance of confidentiality
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police Clearance
- Support the Christian ethos of the School
- Management of the Finance Team and the workflow of all Finance activities in the school
- Complete the month end financial accounts including processing journals, reviewing the results and compiling monthly reports for internal stakeholders, leadership and the School Council
- Oversee and be involved in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable including billing and debt collection
- Work alongside the Office Manager to compile payroll including the calculation of salaries and entitlements and preparing the monthly payroll
- Maintain staff superannuation records and prepare and submit the monthly SGC
- Oversee the reconciliation of all general ledger accounts monthly
- Oversee the cashflow and prepare cashflow reporting
- Prepare the monthly BAS return
- Reconcile monthly and fortnightly PAYG
- Upload STP files monthly and for Annual PAYG reporting
- Manage the Annual Financial Audit
- Complete the student census for State and Commonwealth Funding
- Manage the preparation of Government returns
- Assist the Business Manager in the preparation of the Annual Budget and 10 Year Plan
- Assist the Business Manager in completing forecasting and reporting to the Anglican Schools Commission
- Prepare Fringe Benefits tax return annually
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Submission of insurance claims including workers compensation claims
- Adjust staff and student numbers on School database monthly
- Any other duties to support the Business Manager and Principal
Further information and a duty statement for this position is available on the School website www.frederickirwin.wa.edu.au
As an Anglican School, pastoral care is extremely important at Frederick Irwin Anglican School.
Frederick Irwin Anglican School is committed to child safety and protection, and expects all staff, volunteers, visitors to the School and contractors to respect and abide by all policies, procedures and practices developed and put in place by the Anglican Schools Commission (ASC) and/or the School in this regard.
About the Anglican Schools Commission
The Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) (ASC) was founded in 1985, with the Core Purpose to establish and support low fee Anglican systemic schools which provide a high quality, inclusive, caring Christian education.
Growing from modest beginnings with the opening of St Mark’s Anglican Community School in 1986 in Perth’s northern beachside suburb of Hillarys, there are now more than 14,000 students attending 11 ASC schools in Western Australia, three ASC Schools in the Diocese of Wangaratta and the ASC Language School, based in Perth.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The ASC as an equal opportunity employer bases its recruitment decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
The ASC embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
To learn more about the ASC and what we have to offer visit our website www.ascschools.edu.au, and don’t forget to follow us on .