Developing fluency in using routines and playing games in the maths classroom is an efficient use of teaching time. Routines allow for differentiation, can assist with student engagement and be effectively used as a warm up for the lesson. In this hands on workshop, participants will use and take away a variety of materials, such as cards and dice.
David Dunstan (AISWA Staff)
David is the AISWA Numeracy Coordinator and has worked with AISWA for over 13 years. He taught mathematics to rural students in WA for 28 years. David regularly presents at state and national conferences, and delivers ‘hands-on’ workshops, which includes, “A Whole School Approach to Teaching Place Value” and “Using Cards and Counters to Link the Proficiencies”. In collaboration with Dr Paul Swan, David has co-authored 27 books, which includes the “Check the Clues” series, “My Word Book: Mathematics” and the 2023 published, “Teaching Place Value” series.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Using Mathematics Routines and Games
Date / Time24 Jan 2023 Starts: 12:15 Finishes: 14:45
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017