|For Catholic Members
Presented by Rebecca Duncan, AISWA Early Childhood consultant, this professional learning workshop for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten educators will unpack both the EYLF v2.0 and revised Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines, as we explore a variety of engaging contexts and practical experiences that intentionally grow children’s mathematical learning and thinking.
Rebecca Duncan (AISWA Staff)
Early Childhood Consultant
Rebecca Duncan has been working in education since 1998. Along with teaching experience in each year level across Kindergarten to Year 4, her roles have included Coordinator of the Learning Development Centre at Christ Church Grammar Preparatory School as well as leadership in the integration of learning technologies. In 2004, Rebecca was the recipient of a National Excellence in Teaching Award (NEiTA) for Western Australia, in recognition of her work in the promotion of early literacy practice at All Saints’ College.
Rebecca has been with AISWA since late 2010, when she was contracted to write a resource to support educators in their implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). This project culminated in the publication of the acclaimed book, 'Early Years Learning Framework: In Action'. Ongoing employment as a consultant for AISWA followed, initially in the Curriculum, then Literacy teams, interspersed by the births of her three children. Rebecca now works for AISWA in a part-time capacity and thoroughly enjoys her role as a consultant within the early childhood team. She has lead numerous projects at AISWA, including initiatives to connect the Australian Curriculum and EYLF, one of which lead to AISWA’s publication of 'Playing with the Australian Curriculum' (2013). Her teacher resource, 'Journeys of Inquiry', was published in 2018, highlighting case studies of inquiry in early childhood. This has now been accompanied by a second volume of inspiring stories of inquiry pedagogies in 'Further Journeys of Inquiry', which was published by AISWA in 2020. Rebecca's latest publication for AISWA, 'Playful STEM: Using Blocks in Kindergarten to Year 2' is due for distribution in 2021. Inquiry pedagogies, early literacy and numeracy, learning through play, integrative approaches, responsiveness to children, learning technologies, and the Early Years Learning Framework represent a few of Rebecca’s areas of specialty.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Mathematical Learning in the revised Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines and EYLF v2.0 (PK and K educators)
Date / Time17 Oct 2024 Starts: 08:30 Finishes: 15:30
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017