he Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum (KS:CPC) aims to help children and students from preschool to senior secondary learn to recognise abuse and develop ways of protecting themselves from abuse and, in wider terms, covers rights, relationships, responsibilities and ethical behaviour.
This course will unpack the structure and core messages of the Curriculum, giving participants the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the resources and experience some of the activities and lessons. Time is given for teachers and/or staff teams to look at how they can best contribute to their students’ understanding of Protective Behaviours and also for holistic school planning.
KS:CPC is a resource that enables schools to meet the Non-Government Registration Standards requirement to provide a protective behaviours and sexual abuse prevention education to all students and this 1 day training is compulsory for all staff who will be implementing the KS:CPC.
Due to the subject matter, children (under 18 years) are not permitted to attend.
Lynne Nixon (AISWA Staff)
Consultant - Child Protection
Lynne joined the Inclusive Education team at AISWA in April 2017 where her roles have included Inclusive Education Consultant, Inclusive Education Coordinator, and currently Consultant - Child Protection. She brings experience in filling various roles within schools, particularly in the areas of disability and leadership. During her time as Principal, Lynne has been passionate about creating an inclusive school culture and community, and quality teaching and learning. She has been involved in supporting and mentoring school leaders, and school registration, particularly in child protection and disabilities.
Lynne currently provides support and consultation to the CARE schools in disability, as well as supporting all AISWA schools in child safety and child protection. She is the AISWA contact in assisting inquiries related to child abuse including mandatory reporting and works with other child safe /child protection agencies.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
PL14093 - Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum at AISWA
Date / Time21 Feb 2024 Starts: 08:45 Finishes: 15:45
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017