Are you an Education Assistant working in Early Learning or Middle years of Primary School? Do you want to enhance your skills and knowledge to better support the students you work with? This day of professional learning offers a range of sessions focused on effective communication, working with children with additional needs, oral language development and hands-on literacy and numeracy experiences. You will be provided with practical strategies and techniques that can be applied in the classroom, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- effective communication
- positive behaviour support and emotional regulation
- early intervention and enrichment
- strategies to support language, literacy and numeracy
Meika Pfeiffer-Gough (AISWA Staff)
Teacher Quality And School Leadership Consultant
Meika Pfeiffer-Gough is a School Leadership and Teaching Quality Consultant, a new role for 2022. Meika has gained her experience and knowledge whilst working across a variety of educational settings in the PK-12 environment, during her 17 years as a teacher and leader. She has always been a firm advocate for empowering staff and students to develop growth mindsets and is passionate in her belief that strong, positive, and supportive teacher-student relationships, are fundamental to improving teaching and learning outcomes in schools.
Simon Campbell (AISWA Staff)
Inclusive Education Consultant
Simon has worked in the Education Support Special Needs Education field for over a decade in both Department and Non-Government schools. He has worked in Education Support and mainstream settings with a wide range of students with differing levels of need. Simon is also an Occupational Therapist who has worked in private practice. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge in disability and brings a holistic but pragmatic view to his Inclusive Education Consultant role at AISWA.
Lynne McCarney (AISWA Staff)
Early Childhood Consultant
Lynne McCarney brings a wealth of experience and diverse skills as an Early Childhood Consultant. Her global journey includes roles as a Specialist Teacher, Early Childhood Educator, Academic Sessional Tutor, and literacy specialist. Lynne’s commitment to enhancing early childhood education is evident through her international teaching experiences, from an International Baccalaureate school in Canada to Independent schools in Perth.
Passionate about evidence-based practices, Lynne specialises in early literacy, relational pedagogy, and trauma-informed teaching. She is an advocate for play-based learning, contributing significantly to resource development aligning with the National Quality Standard and Early Years Learning Framework. Dedicated to shaping the future of education, Lynne is poised to empower both educators and students through innovative, research-driven approaches, fostering holistic development in young minds. Many of these resources are accessible via the ACECQA website for Early Childhood teachers across Australia.
Julie Townsend (AISWA Staff)
Nigel Briggs (AISWA Staff)
Industrial And Workplace Relations Consultant
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Education Assistant Professional Learning Day
Date / Time29 May 2024 Starts: 08:30 Finishes: 15:30
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017
PL Hours : 6.50
- Early Childhood
- Inclusive Education
- Early Childhood (PK - 2)
- Middle Primary (3-6)
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6