|For Catholic Members
This workshop focuses on the development of sustainable STEM learning in your classroom and across your school.
The importance of STEM education has been widely reported. STEM aims to develop a deep understanding of content as well as a set of valuable skills. This workshop is best suited to those interested in developing an expertise in STEM or leading STEM in their workplace. Particular emphasis will be on the primary and lower secondary schooling areas.
We will explore how to embed STEM learning in your classroom and across your school. Participants will develop a deep understanding of:
Core STEM principles
We will discuss and critique resources and get hands-on with some projects to provoke thoughts on learning experiences for your classroom.
Simon Fittock (AISWA Staff)
Simon specialises in the curricular area of Technologies and STEM. He holds a Master of Education by Research degree from Edith Cowan University in the field of educational leadership. Simon has a keen interest in educational practice and has professional experience in Australia and abroad. He has developed his expertise through work as a teacher, researcher and teaching and learning consultant.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
STEM: Getting the ball rolling and building momentum
Date / Time5 Jun 2024 Starts: 09:00 Finishes: 14:30
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA -TechHub Suite 8Address
Suite 8, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017