|For Catholic Members
A full day workshop in collaboration with CEWA to examine relevant issues and trends in the Languages classroom. The sessions will include presentations on IE, differentiation and using AI to prepare IEPs and personalised learning. There will be opportunities for open discussion, reflection and time to explore, play and plan.
Clare Slyth (AISWA Staff)
Consultant | Teaching And Learning
Clare is one of our Teaching and Learning Consultants for Languages. She provides support, advice and professional learning to schools on teaching strategies, curriculum, and resources. Prior to this role, Clare taught Mandarin for 6 years in a primary context, with experience in using and training others in the WA Curriculum. Previously, she worked as an EALD teacher in Shanghai, China. Apart from Mandarin, she has learned to speak French, Thai and Romanian. Clare is passionate about sharing effective teaching practices and methodologies with teachers and seeing them succeed in their language teaching.
Marisa Schiavi currently holds the role of EAL/D & Languages Team Coordinator at CEWA and has significant experience working in the field of Multicultural and Multilingual Education. This includes various teaching and leadership roles in Primary and Secondary Schools and Tertiary Institutions, Intensive English Units and bilingual schools teaching migrant and refugee students, as well as domestic and international students in Australia and abroad. In addition, Marisa has worked in the corporate sector as Director of Multicultural and Multilingual Services. In her current role, Marisa provides support and guidance on multicultural and multilingual education matters across all CEWA schools.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Cross-Sector Languages Workshop #1: Exploring Current trends and Implementation in Languages Education
Date / Time30 May 2024 Starts: 08:30 Finishes: 15:00
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017
PL Hours : 6.50