A full-day workshop providing teachers with the opportunity to explore a range of digital technologies that are suited to second language learning. Participants will have the opportunity to explore a range of apps and platforms for communicating and creating digital media in the target language. There will also be an opportunity to examine AI and its usefulness in second-language learning. At the end, participants will collaborate or work individually to explore some apps/platforms that interest them and will present their findings to the group.
Participants will be provided with an iPad loaded with all the apps that will be used in the workshop, for use during the day.
Here is what past participants had to say:
“Was great to have time to actually try out the apps and create something. We don’t often have time to do this!”
"Extremely useful and engaging. Found lots of apps that I can use in class. Thank you!”
Clare Slyth (AISWA Staff)
Consultant | Teaching And Learning
Clare is one of our Teaching and Learning Consultants for Languages. She provides support, advice and professional learning to schools on teaching strategies, curriculum, and resources. Prior to this role, Clare taught Mandarin for 6 years in a primary context, with experience in using and training others in the WA Curriculum. Previously, she worked as an EALD teacher in Shanghai, China. Apart from Mandarin, she has learned to speak French, Thai and Romanian. Clare is passionate about sharing effective teaching practices and methodologies with teachers and seeing them succeed in their language teaching.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Communicate, Create, Collaborate: Using digital technologies in the Languages classroom
Date / Time22 Sep 2023 Starts: 09:00 Finishes: 15:00
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA -TechHub Suite 8Address
Suite 8, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017