This course aims to introduce you to Microsoft MakeCode as a platform to program the BBC micro:bit. In doing so, the course seeks to provide some classroom-ready activities to help consolidate your learning and that of your students. It is intended that you will become more confident in teaching some core concepts from the Digital Technologies curriculum.
This is an AISWA Online Learning event. The course will remain open until 29 June 2023, you can complete the course at any time within this period.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – AISWA Online Learning (on-demand)
Detailed On-Demand course T&Cs here. Below is a summary only.
- Registration is via the AISWA Professional Learning (PL) calendar.
- Member schools can bulk register staff for learning events.
- Pricing details are indicated on event registration pages and are inclusive of GST.
- Payment for individual and bulk registrations is by credit card. Registration is confirmed when payment is received.
- Records of course completion (and PL hours) are the responsibility of the participant.
- Cancellations are not permitted.
- Participant attendee swaps are not permitted.
- A digital badge may be awarded on completion of learning. Badge access is ongoing until the nominated expiry date
- Participants agree to comply with AISWA’s IT Acceptable Use Policy - General (refer to detailed Terms and Conditions).
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Beginning to code with micro:bit and MakeCode
Date / TimeOpens: 23 Jan 2023 Closes: 29 Jun 2023
Delivery Format : On Demand