- Funding30Oct 2020The Association of Independent Schools of WA (AISWA) has recently released its 2020 report on the Economic Significance of Independent Schools to the WA Economy.
- Curriculum22May 2017A collection of Teaching and Learning Programs based on the Australian Curriculum for primary students to wonder about the past by actively engaging in the historical inquiry process.
- General, Funding2May 2017The Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia (AISWA ) welcomes the new funding arrangements announced by the Commonwealth Government which will provide an additional $2.2 billion over the four years 2018 to 2021. This is in addition to the $1.2 billion announced in last year's budget.
- Leadership & Teacher Capacity3Apr 2017March is National Certification Month where we celebrate as a profession the Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers who have completed the National Certification process and we encourage those considering applying to make the commitment to pursuing registration and to further develop their expertise.
- STEM16Mar 2017Today the Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, the Hon Arthur Sinodinos, announced the government will invest $4 million over the next four years for eligible Australian schools and community organisations to set up dedicated maker spaces to offer students the ability to develop STEM skills through hands on experience in aspects of design, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- STEM3Apr 2017
- General, Curriculum, The Arts, English, Literacy14Mar 2017We are very excited to see the work of the Australian Children’s Laureate with one of our remote Indigenous member schools
- Literacy1Mar 2017Lifting the Lid on Words and Pictures: Brett Healey looks at the Watertower by Gary Crew and Steven Woolman - AISWA's newest publication available for purchase from the AISWA Bookstore.
- Professional Learning21Feb 2017In 2016, the AISWA STEM Grant provided many of our schools with the inspiration and opportunity to try new ideas for teaching STEM subjects in a rich and integrated way. This is an opportunity for interested teachers and school leaders to come and explore some of the projects that were undertaken.
- General, Professional Learning, Leadership & Teacher Capacity16Feb 2017Social Ventures Australia presents Evidence for Learning in this information session for school leaders.
- General, Professional Learning, Leadership & Teacher Capacity20Jan 2017
- General14Dec 2016Executive Director, Valerie Gould and the Staff of the Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia wish you a wonderful holiday season and a healthy and peaceful New Year.
The AISWA Office will be closed from midday on Wednesday 21 December 2016 and will reopen on Tuesday 3 January 2017.
- Technologies, ICT Integration29Nov 2016The Computer Science Education Research Group (CSER) Lending Library enables schools to integrate a huge range of exciting and motivating Digital Technologies educational equipment into the classroom.
- ICT Integration16Nov 2016APPortunities to Shine: Using Mobile Technologies in Classrooms and Other Amazing Places, is AISWA's newest publication and will be available for purchase from the AIWA Bookstore.
- ICT Integration, IT Procurement and Services11Nov 2016AISWA is pleased to announce a new partnership agreement with BrightBytes a research driven, learning analytics company and developer of the Clarity software platform.
- Early Childhood12Oct 2016
- General, Literacy24Aug 2016
- General, Professional Learning, Curriculum, Early Childhood10Aug 2016
- Humanities, English, Literacy4Jul 2016Fancy an inspiring day of historical storytelling in and around the maritime precinct of Fremantle?
Amazing PL on Fri 22 July for all teachers of English, History and Geography.
- General, NAPLAN and Data20Jun 2016Despite widespread community concern about the pressure that the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) testing places on students, new research from ECU has found that the standardised testing regime has only a minimal impact on levels of stress.
- General, Literacy, Member News12Jan 2017The AISWA LITERACY TEAM compile a frequently emailed digest containing targeted information on exciting upcoming professional learning, news and stories we feel may be of interest to you.
- General, Early Childhood9May 2016Call for Expressions of Interest
- General, English, Literacy3May 2016Gary Crew is one of Australia’s most awarded authors of illustrated books having worked with Greg Rogers, Shaun Tan, Steven Woolman, Peter Gouldthorpe and Matt Ottley.
- General, English, Literacy22Apr 2016Teachers, librarians and school staff are invited to a morning with Leigh Hobbs.
- General, Reminder, Curriculum, Languages15Mar 2016School appointed "Languages Coordinators" have until 8 April to complete the annual Languages Survey.