Kerry Street Community School is a progressive independent primary school, inspiring collaborative, creative and authentic learning in order to provide a unique, alternative educational experience for children and their families. Our approach to education is inspired by evidence based research and incorporates a variety of educational philosophies including, Play-based Education, Inquiry learning, Nature Pedagogy and Social Constructivism.
We see ourselves as a community of learners, both in and out of the classroom. Our families are at the heart of our school community and participate and support us in all we do.
Kerry Street is seeking a qualified teacher to fill a joint role of Year 5/6 classroom teacher and intervention support teacher across our classrooms.
Please address the following criteria in a maximum of 3 A4 pages. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
- Strong understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum within integrated learning programs and delivery of authentic learning experiences;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellent professional standards, actively developing strong parent and community partnerships;
- Experience in planning, implementing and assessing a differentiated program to cater for a wide range of students' needs;
- Understanding and advocacy of innovative educational pedagogies including play-based learning, nature play and inquiry learning;
- Experience or knowledge of Inclusive Education including relevant legislation and provision; and
- Experience or knowledge of positive conflict resolution frameworks including NVC and Restorative Justice.
- Knowledge of the WA curriculum and independent school sector;
- Experience working in multi-age classes;
- Experience in community schooling;
- Experience developing and implementing targeted intervetion programs for individuals and small groups; and
- Competency with Microsoft Office 365.
- Tertiary qualification in Primary Education or Early Childhood
- TRBWA Registration;
- Current Working with Children Check; and
- National Police Check.
Applications should be submitted via Seek by no later than 4pm Friday 16th December, 2022.
Please include cover letter, statements addressing the selection criteria and your current resume. KSCS reserves the right to interview prior to the closing date.
All candidates for roles at KSCS are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our recruitment process.