PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER – SECONDARY (7-12) 2024
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
HillSide Christian College is an evangelical, Christian school with an approximate enrolment of 430 students from Years 4K-12. Please view the school website for general information: http://www.hillside.wa.edu.au
HillSide Christian College is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) to fill a full-time Physical Education (PE) teaching position.The poistion may also include some minor subject/s, most likely outdoor education. The contract period is negotiable based on the employee’s experience and qualifications. At this stage, the College is keen to receive applications from suitably qualified candidates.
The successful applicant will be a practising evangelical Christian, who is able to demonstrate and work within the College’s Christian framework. Any appointment to the position would be dependent upon the successful applicant signing the College’s Code of Conduct, including Statement of Faith, and employment contract.
All applicants need to submit a CV and cover letter. They should also be able to demonstrate their personal faith in Jesus Christas God and be an active member of an evangelical Christian Church. The College is looking for applicants of high quality, with a very good ability to work within a Christian team setting.
The application must include:
- Cover letter outlining suitability for a secondary level PE teaching role within the context of HillSide Christian College (maximum two pages);
- The applicant’s current CV outlining qualifications, church membership, professional referees, contact details, and career history;
- A written reference from a Pastor/Elder or the contact details of a Pastor/Elder who may be contacted for a verbal reference in regard to the applicant’s Christian faith, character and practice;
- All qualifications and compliance documents named in the dot points below. Supply photocopies of the original documents along with the application. Originals will require sighting:
- a current Working with Children Card;
- a current TRBWA registration;
EOIs should be made by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions or queries can be emailed to the above address.
Closing date for this application is open until filled.
Please note: The College reserves the right to fill the position at its discretion and timing, and to withdraw the position/advertisement if required. The position will only be filled by the College when a suitably qualified applicant issecured. Wages, contract details and other school policies will be available upon request. The College also reserves the right to make any necessary enquiries outside listed referees if required in the selection process.
Helpful Information in Relation to the Application
- The College is an Apple-based environment and SEQTA is the main database platform;
- The College website is a valuable source of background information, which includes history, vision, mission and operations. This can be accessed at: http://www.hillside.wa.edu.au
- The College is affiliated with Christian Schools Australia. http://www.csa.edu.au
- HillSide Christian College is a ministry of HillSide Church. The Church website can be viewed at: http://www.hillside.org.au