SEDA College WA
- Fixed Term – Full Time
- Supportive & Inclusive learning environment
- Onsite Parking provided.
- Unique Independent Senior Secondary College of Choice
A first opportunity for a supportive, patient, and resourceful Education Assistant to partner with our Teaching staff in delivering individualized learning strategies for student growth and development.
This role is essential in assisting senior students (yrs 11-12) with physical needs embrace learning opportunities to improve ability and understanding.
Education Assistants are essential to the success of this fast-growing Independent Senior Secondary College.
Range commencing ($63,150 plus Super)-negotiable depending on experience, expertise and qualifications.
The successful candidate will have a passion for learning and the provision of excellent educational support and pastoral care to students. Success involves supporting teachers at the college with individual students requiring additional needs (physical, social emotional, sensory, and or/cognitive).
About SEDA College WA
SEDA College WA is an Independent Senior Secondary College with a fast-growing student population of 500 combined year 11’s and 12’s. We believe student success is achieved through educational experiences that challenge and inform our student’s perspectives of the world.
Our 65 staff are carefully selected for their commitment to the delivery of quality education and for their willingness to adhere to the College’s GREAT values of Growth, Resilience, Empathy, Accountability and Teamwork.
- Supporting individual lesson plans/activities tailored by teachers to the specific needs of students. This includes assisting with the implementation of modified or existing curriculum programs as directed by the teacher.
- Experience as an Education Assistant or relevant role preferred.
- Working knowledge of current special education methodologies.
- Experience working with senior students with physical needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of individualized plans and how they are developed.
- Willingness to embrace learning opportunities that improve student’s ability and understanding.
- Familiarity with the Child Safe and Student Duty of Care frameworks and Work Health & Safety Principles.
Employees will be required to:
Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
A current national Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia is a requirement.
As part of the selection process the preferred applicant will be required to obtain a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC).
hold a current C -Class Driver’s Licence to travel within WA and Perth Metropolitan and Bunbury area and be available for occasional after hours and weekend work as required.
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria identified in the Job Description (JD) for the position. The business needs and context of the College may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy. Details of at least two referees will be requested from the successful applicant.
A comprehensive job description detailing responsibilities and selection criteria is available on the College website Careers at SEDA College WA