Position No: 2022 024
Date Posted: 13/09/2022
Applications Close: 05/10/2022
Division: Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School
Location: Bunbury - WA
Work Type: Permanent - Part Time
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School
Commencement – By Negotiation
The Chaplain provides leadership in the ethical, spiritual, and religious life of the School, and is available to serve all students, staff, and families in the School community regardless of their beliefs, non-belief, or religious affiliation.
In partnership with Senior Staff, the Chaplain develops and implements the School’s Religious and Philosophical Studies Curriculum across all year levels; programs, activities and conversations that foster a positive environment in support of the School’s Vision and Values, and in the holistic development of young people into adulthood.
The Chaplain plays a critical role in supporting the School’s Vision and Values in creating a welcoming and safe community which enables each student to achieve to their full potential; where every member is respectful of self and others; and all strive for excellence in learning.
Our high performing school is set on 33 hectares of peaceful bushland, located in the thriving Margaret River/Geographe region of Western Australia.
Recognised for our progressive and exemplary modern education practices and known for our focus on excellent care for all members of our community, we are searching for a dynamic and experienced Chaplain to join our senior leadership team.
With a contemporary view of leadership and learning, you will foster an inclusive and respectful environment that seeks to understand, honour, and celebrate diversity and difference in the School’s community.
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School maintains that the safety of children and young people is paramount. There is a zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and student voice is actively encouraged and supported. The School has policies and processes in place to protect students from harm and takes all allegations and concerns seriously and responds in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Great location in native bushland only 5 minutes from the beach www.bcgs.wa.edu.au
- Live and work in Western Australia westernaustralia.com/au/home
- Possibility to live onsite with meals* and utilities paid for by combining the Chaplain role with Deputy Head of Boarding role found here bcgs.wa.edu.au/our-school/careers
- Visa support for successful international application.
- Financial assistance with relocation costs may be considered by negotiation at the time of appointment.
- Travel Western Australia and see the amazing flora and fauna wavisitorcentre.com.au
Applicants for this position should submit their applications online through the Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School website www.bcgs.wa.edu.au/our-school/careers.
Please follow the online application instructions and ensure the following information is included in the Cover letter and Resume:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria located in the Job Description attachement.
- Current position and areas of responsibility
- The names, addresses and telephone number of three confidential referees, one of whom should be the applicant’s present employer.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Business Partner
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School
PO Box 1198
BUNBURY WA 6231
Tel: (08) 9722 6029
Applications must be received by 5pm, 5 October 2022.