This course is designed for Mentors of Early Career Teachers (ECT) enrolled in AISWA's Early Career Teacher's program.
This one-day course provides the information and requirements for in-school mentors as they assist their early career teaching colleagues to move from the graduate to proficient standard of the Australian Professional Teacher Standards. It is designed to support mentors by providing a forum for mentors where they investigate the skills needed to guide, support, encourage and empower a teacher in the first years of their professional life.
As a mentor you will provide insight and ideas that support the growth and productivity of the ECT, supporting student learning and student outcomes.
Throughout the day you will develop an understanding and working knowledge of:
The Landscape Early Career Teachers are navigating
Effective Induction Programs - what ECT's need to know
Mentoring an Early Career - developing the skills to effectively mentor an Early Career Teacher
Encouraging Reflective Practice - conducting collegial conversations
Developing a growth mindset - research and application
Developing a workable plan for 2024
Meika Pfeiffer-Gough (AISWA Staff)
Teacher Quality And School Leadership Consultant
Meika Pfeiffer-Gough is a School Leadership and Teaching Quality Consultant, a new role for 2022. Meika has gained her experience and knowledge whilst working across a variety of educational settings in the PK-12 environment, during her 17 years as a teacher and leader. She has always been a firm advocate for empowering staff and students to develop growth mindsets and is passionate in her belief that strong, positive, and supportive teacher-student relationships, are fundamental to improving teaching and learning outcomes in schools.
Nancy Bonfiglio-Pavisich is a Leadership and Quality Teacher Consultant. With a focus on leadership, change management, induction, mentoring, and coaching, Nancy has worked with leaders, consultants, corporate clients, teachers, mentors, and coaches to grow and develop them personally and professionally. She has researched, designed, implemented, and evaluated system, organisational, team, and individual programs across Catholic, Government and Independent Schools. Nancy has a Ph.D. in Mentoring, a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, and qualifications in Business Management and Strategy, Neuro leadership, as well as Training and Assessment. With extensive experience as a senior leader in schools, Nancy is also a Lifestyles and Group Styles Inventory, DISC, EQI.20., Print and Educator Impact facilitator. Currently, Nancy lectures in Leadership and Education at Edith Cowan University, is a Sessional Tutor for the University of Notre Dame and also shares her expertise in leadership as a facilitator of the Australian Institute of Management MBA program. She is also qualified as a Life Coach. With a passion for growing and developing individuals and teams, Nancy’s leadership and teaching and learning practices are underpinned by evidence-based research and are documented in various professional and non-professional journals. Nancy was the recipient of the New Voice Scholarship Award (2020). In 2021, Nancy was recognised by ACELWA with a Certificate of Excellence in Educational Leadership, and in 2022, Nancy was awarded a Post Graduate Award from the Western Australian Institute for Educational Research. Nancy was also awarded the ACEL Fellowship Award in 2022.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Mentors for Early Career Teachers
Date / Time16 Feb 2024 Starts: 08:30 Finishes: 15:30
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017