|For Catholic Members||$250|
Project-Based Learning (PBL) is a key teaching approach in learning organisations around the world. It taps into student (and staff) passions by doing work that matters. PBL develops competencies, not just knowledge, but also what to do with what you know.
Schools are seeing an epidemic of student disengagement - Project-Based Learning offers a highly engaging way to learn. It also helps students develop the kind of collaborative, critical thinking and self-direction skills demanded by employers.
What is it?
The program provides everything you need to get started with PBL. We’ve worked closely with PBL experts around the world, including High Tech High, Expeditionary Learning, the Buck Institute of Education and the Innovation Unit to bring you tried-and-tested tools and processes to fire your imagination and structure your planning.
How do we do it?
This 1-day program will take you through the key stages of planning and managing student projects. It’s suitable for schools that are considering PBL or in the early stages of adopting PBL as a learning strategy, but need to know more about getting started with PBL, including useful takeaway tools and planning guides.
The day will include:
• What PBL is (and isn’t)
• The key ingredients to effective PBL
• How to design, plan, execute and assess great projects for your students
• Protocols to enable students to ‘critique’ their work
• Assessment strategies
David Price, OBE is a leading education writer, speaker, and trainer. David helps organisations and people to make sustainable change happen. His first book, OPEN: How We’ll Work, Live & Learn In The Future was an Amazon best seller. His most recent book The Power Of Us: How We Connect, Act, And Innovate Together was published in 2020 and is an unashamed celebration of ingenuity around the world.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Introduction to Project-based Learning with David Price
Date / Time2 May 2023 Starts: 08:30 Finishes: 15:30
Delivery Format : In Person
AISWA Training Room Suite 1Address
Suite 1, 41 Walters Drive
Osborne Park WA 6017
PL Hours : 7.00
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- ICT Skills and Integration