This Network Day is an opportunity for HOLAs and other interested teachers to meet and discuss current issues in the teaching of Secondary General and Foundation English, share resources and ideas, and engage in professional learning.
This networking session is conducted in conjunction with Catholic Education WA.
8:30am Registration and networking
8.55am Acknowledgement of Country and Prayer
9.00am Better Feedback, Less Marking: from the Research to the Marking Pile (Part 1)
Presenter: Colleen Wheeler (LaSalle College)
10.30am Morning Tea
11.00am Better Feedback, Less Marking: from the Research to the Marking Pile (Part 2)
Presenter Colleen Wheeler (LaSalle College)
1.15pm Contexts for Study – Each delegate will have the opportunity to share how their school approaches the teaching of Foundation
and/or General English
1.45pm Applying ideas from Better Feedback session, and planning for 2023
2.15pm Making Best Use of the EST Data – Presenters: Emma Janeczko and Emma Longcake (CEWA)
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Event Segment test
Date / Time9 Sep 2022
Newman Siena CentreAddress
33 Williamstown Road
Doubleview WA 6018