Spread over two Modules, participants will learn about cognitive load and explore how this theory can inform principles and strategies that have a positive impact on student learning.
In Module 1, how the brain processes and stores information is addressed, as well as the different types of cognitive load and what it means for learners when they are out of balance. In Module 2, the application of the theory of cognitive load is explored with a focus on evidence-based teaching practices that take into account learnings from cognitive science.
This is an AISWA Online Learning event. The course will remain open until 30 November 2023, you can complete the course at any time within this period.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – AISWA Online Learning (on-demand)
Detailed On-Demand course T&Cs here. Below is a summary only.
- Registration is via the AISWA Professional Learning (PL) calendar.
- Member schools can bulk register staff for learning events.
- Pricing details are indicated on event registration pages and are inclusive of GST.
- Payment for individual and bulk registrations is by credit card. Registration is confirmed when payment is received.
- Records of course completion (and PL hours) are the responsibility of the participant.
- Cancellations are not permitted.
- Participant attendee swaps are not permitted.
- A digital badge may be awarded on completion of learning. Badge access is ongoing until the nominated expiry date
- Participants agree to comply with AISWA’s IT Acceptable Use Policy - General (refer to detailed Terms and Conditions).
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Cognitive Load Theory - What Every Teacher Should Know!
Date / TimeOpens: 17 Jul 2023 Closes: 30 Nov 2023
Delivery Format : On Demand