Join our hands-on workshop for teachers and discover the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education. In this workshop, you will learn about the latest AI technologies (including ChatGPT) and how you can use them to enhance your teaching and become more productive. Our expert facilitators will provide practical guidance on how to integrate AI tools into your pedagogy, and you'll have the opportunity to participate in hands-on activities designed to help you become a confident and competent user of these powerful tools. This workshop will help you to unlock new possibilities for your teaching practice and helping to prepare your students for the future. Don't miss out on this chance to transform your teaching with the latest AI technology and take your students' learning to the next level!
This event has limited places available, we highly recommend booking your seat as early as possible.
If you are interested in attending this event and are not able to register by the 9th of June please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 04285 695 933.
Simon Fittock (AISWA Staff)
Simon specialises in the curricular area of Technologies and STEM. He holds a Master of Education by Research degree from Edith Cowan University in the field of educational leadership. Simon has a keen interest in educational practice and has professional experience in Australia and abroad. He has developed his expertise through work as a teacher, researcher and teaching and learning consultant.
Zina Cordery is an accomplished academic in Education, where she coordinates teaching pre-service secondary teachers to integrate ICT into curriculum areas and the Digital Technologies curriculum. Zina is particularly interested in emerging technologies such as Immersive Technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in education. Her work focuses on leveraging the potential of AI to enhance student engagement, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Zina's vision is to work collaboratively with teachers, schools, and the community to promote AI literacy and best practices in its use. Zina is also enthusiastic about immersive technologies such as VR, AR and games-based learning and how these technologies can be harnessed to improve student learning experiences and provide them with valuable skills for the future.
Terms & Conditions
AISWA Professional Learning – In Person Event
- Detailed In Person event T&Cs here. Below is an overview only.
In Person event conditions
- Attendance records: Participants must sign-in on the day to confirm attendance. A member school can also view this data for their staff.
- Privacy disclaimer: PL Events may be live-streamed, recorded or photographed by AISWA for sharing. Attendees have the right to be excluded from such records but must notify AISWA of their wishes before the start of the event. NB: This condition was acknowledged during registration. See full T&Cs here.
- Attendee swaps: Acceptable. The organiser must be notified. There are conditions.
- Walk Ins: Any non-registered attendee MUST disclose this to AISWA on arrival. A correct registration process can then be followed.
- IT Acceptable Use Policy: Compliance with this policy for the use of AISWA’s on-site equipment, internet and website is required.
- Payment Conditions: Price includes GST. Credit card payment only for Guests. Member schools will be invoiced post-event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation is without charge if prior to Cancellation Permitted date. Cancellations via this website. Late cancellations or failure to attend will incur full cost. Refer any issues to the Event Organiser. If AISWA cancels a PL Event, attendees will be notified by email and any payment will be refunded.
- Free event non-attendance: A fee of $25 may apply. See full T&Cs.
Please click here to view our general terms and conditions
Date / Time23 Jun 2023 Starts: 09:00 Finishes: 14:30
Delivery Format : In Person
76 Birkdale Street
Floreat WA 6014
PL Hours : 5.50
- ICT Skills and Integration
- Early Childhood (PK - 2)
- Primary (P-6)
- Middle Primary (3-6)
- Secondary (7-10)
- Senior Secondary (11 - 12)
- Education Assistants
- Other (non-teaching)