Come and work for outstanding school in the Peel region. Established in 1991, Frederick Irwin Anglican School is the oldest independent school in the Peel region. We are a private co-educational school that offers an exceptional educational programme for students Kindergarten to Year 12.
The School provides learning opportunities such as inter-state and international study tours, high level sport and performing arts programmes, instrumental music tuition, and a range of other co-curricular activities.
About the Role
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Digital Technologies Teachers, to join our established dynamic Digital Technologies Department. The position is full-time, ongoing, commencing January 2023. Ability to teach Science as well is desirable.
Frederick Irwin Anglican School teacher salaries are 2.5% above the comparable Department of Education of Western Australia rates.
Classroom and Specialist Teachers
Classroom teachers are responsible to the Principal with day to day responsibility delegated to the Deputy Heads of Secondary and Curriculum, and the relevant Head of Department.
Classroom teachers are required to present purposeful educational programmes to classes allocated to them on the school timetable, and to participate in the general life of the School.
Teachers must meet the following:
- Use the correct curriculum and syllabus in determining the teaching programme
- Being suitably qualified as a Secondary teacher
- Develop programmes which stimulate learning, engage students and promote excellence
- Produce a teaching programme for each class on a term/semester/yearly time frame (and review periodically) in accordance with the curriculum and paedogogical direction of the School
- Develop assessment tasks according to the requirements of the syllabus
- Maintain effective communication with students and parents concerning the progress of each student
- Develop in students an active and constructive attitude to learning which generates mutual respect between teacher and learner
- Critically reflect on teaching strategies and make adjustments accordingly
- Present to students, colleagues and parents as a professional teacher through manner, communications, dress, conduct etc
- Implement the policies of the School, uphold its ethos and operate to uphold the reputation and good name of the School for the benefit of all
As an Anglican School, pastoral care is extremely important at Frederick Irwin Anglican School. This is a role of the teachers who manage the supervision and welfare of the students while at school.
Frederick Irwin Anglican School is committed to child safety and protection, and expects all staff, volunteers, visitors to the School and contractors to respect and abide by all policies, procedures and practices developed and put in place by the Anglican Schools Commission (ASC) and/or the School in this regard.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold current registration as a teacher with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia Current Working with Children Check
- Appropriate academic qualifications
- Ability to work in a co-operative, team environment
- Support the Christian ethos of the School
About the Anglican Schools Commission
The Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) (ASC) founded in 1985, the Core Purpose of the Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) (ASC) is to establish and support low fee Anglican systemic schools which provide a high quality, inclusive, caring Christian education.
Growing from modest beginnings with the opening of St Mark’s Anglican Community School in 1986 in Perth’s northern beachside suburb of Hillarys, there are now more than 14,000 students attending 11 ASC schools in Western Australia, three ASC Schools in the Diocese of Wangaratta and the ASC Language School, based in Perth.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The ASC as an equal opportunity employer bases its recruitment decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
The ASC embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
To express your interest in this role please submit a written letter of application and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Thursday 29 September 2022