IMPROVING TEACHER QUALITY
The Improving Teacher Quality National Partnership will enhance teacher quality through a range of strategies that combine new and innovative initiatives and strengthen the extensive existing support already established in Western Australia.
Under the Improving Teacher Quality National Partnership a range initiatives have been developed in consultation with Independent schools:
- Offering professional learning and support which will empower principals to better manage their schools to achieve improved student results
- New professional standards to underpin national reforms
- Joint engagement with higher education providers to improve teacher quality
- Improved in-school support for teachers and leaders, particularly in disadvantaged Indigenous, rural/remote and hard-to-staff schools
- Continual improvement program for all teachers, with a particular focus of improving the pedagogical application of ICT in teaching and learning
- Providing opportunities for Aboriginal Educational Workers and Teacher assistants to improve their qualifications
Australian Government funding, together with State co-investment, will support implementation, monitoring, reporting and agreed evaluation of these reforms. The National Partnership includes both Facilitation Payments of $9.5 million over three years, and Reward Payments, up to $35 million over a two-year period. Reward Payments are conditional on agreed targets being met.
To view Professional Learning sessions offered by the Quality Teaching and Learning Development Centre click here
To view Leadership Professional Learning sessions click here