IMPROVING TEACHER QUALITY
The Improving Teacher Quality National Partnership will enhance teacher quality through a range of strategies that combine new and innovative initiatives and strengthen the extensive existing support already established in Western Australia.
Under the Improving Teacher Quality National Partnership a range initiatives have been developed in consultation with Independent schools:
- Offering professional learning and support which will empower principals to better manage their schools to achieve improved student results
- New professional standards to underpin national reforms
- Joint engagement with higher education providers to improve teacher quality
- Improved in-school support for teachers and leaders, particularly in disadvantaged Indigenous, rural/remote and hard-to-staff schools
- Continual improvement program for all teachers, with a particular focus of improving the pedagogical application of ICT in teaching and learning
- Providing opportunities for Aboriginal Educational Workers and Teacher assistants to improve their qualifications
Australian Government funding, together with State co-investment, will support implementation, monitoring, reporting and agreed evaluation of these reforms. The National Partnership includes both Facilitation Payments of $9.5 million over three years, and Reward Payments, up to $35 million over a two-year period. Reward Payments are conditional on agreed targets being met.
To view Leadership Professional Learning sessions for 2013 click here